Red light detection system is a system that monitors the trafﬁc violation. The
system will detect the car from entering the detection area, then system will keep
tracking vehicle to check the status of trafﬁc lights, then detect the vehicle over the
detection line. The system required high resolution IP Camera, which determines
the conditions of the trafﬁc violation. When a car enters into a violation condition.
The car will be recorded in 4 images.
System Properties (Software)
• The system can detect the violation of trafﬁc lights.
• Three-car detection system working at the same time
• The system can track the movement of vehicles.
• The system can classify vehicles.
• The system can calculate the speed of the vehicle from the motion in the image
over two detection line
• Supports SQL, MySQL, Oracle databases.
• The system can be export to excel or pdf, providing the interface to sent out
notiﬁcation through http command.
There are two types of cameras used.
1.Camera for car license plate depend on the junction, one LPR camera can
detect 1-2 lanes depend on the detail of the license plate required. (Number
of cameras requirement depends on the number of lanes to be detected.)
2.Camera for analysis of trafﬁc light (Overview) resolution not less than 3MP with
• Overview camera required High resolution Network Camera in case of a camera
resolution of not less than 3MP.
• In case of a LPR license plate, the lens size is about 12-40 mm or 8-50 mm.
• Low pass ﬁlter technology for bright lighting (Headlights) to get a clear picture.
• Infrared For night vision
• The camera supports IP66-rated base when used outdoors.
• Camera for Trafﬁc Signal Analysis (Overview) and Housing
• In case of a LPR license plate, the lens can be 12-40mm or 8-50mm
• Infrared (low light and night view)
• CPU Processor Corei7 Gen6 Speed 2.6GHz, 8GB RAM, 1 TB HDD
Windows 7 professional or better or Windows 10 professional or better
• Webserver Kit (for central administration)